Honda Civic 3rd Gen Shuttle (Station Wagon) Photos Gallery
Honda Civic debuted in 1972 was transferred to a third generation model called "Civic Wonder" which received the second full model in September 1983. And in the following October, the 5-door wagon "Civic Shuttle" was added as a model to replace the 5-door station wagon "Civic Country" from the previous generation.
|Honda Civic 3rd-Generation Shuttle Wagon picture|
By adopting M · M (Man · Maximum · Mechanism · Minimum) idea, the body transformed into a form of short nose · big cabin, and also focused on improving aerodynamic characteristics. The body size was 3,990 mm in total length, 1,645 mm in total width, 1,490 mm in total height, while the total length was shortened from country, the full width and total height were expanded. Also, the wheelbase was extended 130 mm to 2,450 mm.
Suspension type is changed from the country's strut style for 4 wheels, to the system called "sportic suspension" that use strut type in front, and trailing link type in rear. The drive system follows FF, the engine lineup has been redesigned, EV type with 1.3L inline 4-cylinder SOHC carburetor specs, 1.5L inline 4 SOHC carburetor and EW type with PGM-FI specification were prepared.
The maximum output / maximum torque are 80 psi / 11.3 kgm, 90 ps / 12.8 kgm, 100 ps / 13.2 kgm respectively, the transmission was originally set to 4/5 MT and 3 speed torque converter AT "Honda Matic". The initial grade system was a lineup of "53U" equipped with a 1.3L engine, "55M" "55J" "55G" equipped with 1.5L carburetor engine, "55i" equipped with the same PGM - FI engine.
|1983-1984-1985 Honda Civic Shuttle 55i - Red photo|
Honda Civic 3rd-gen. Shuttle (Wagon) (AJ-AK) (1983-1987) Specs
Specification of Honda Civic Shuttle 55G (man. 5) , manufactured or sold in 1983, version for Japan :
- Engine specs: Gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement 1488 cm3 / 90.7 cui, power: 66 kW / 89 hp / 90 PS ( JIS ), torque: 125.5 Nm / 93 lb-ft
- Body Type : 5-door wagon
- Transverse system: FWD (front-wheel drive), manual 5-speed gearbox
- Body dimensions: outside length: 3990 mm / 157.1 in, width: 1635 mm / 64.4 in, wheelbase: 2450 mm / 96.5 in
- reference weights: base curb weight: 865 kg / 1907 lbs
- Top speed: 162 km/h (101 mph) (©theoretical);
- accelerations: 0- 60 mph 10.7©s; 0- 100 km/h 11.4©s; 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 17.9© s
- fuel consumption and mileage: 4.1 l/100km / 69.2 mpg (imp.) / 57.6 mpg (U.S.) / 24.5 km/l 60-mode; 6.8 l/100km / 41.2 mpg (imp.) / 34.3 mpg (U.S.) / 14.6 km/l 10-15 mode; average estimated by a-c©: 9.4 l/100km / 30.1 mpg (imp.) / 25 mpg (U.S.) / 10.6 km/l
|Image of 1984 Honda Civic 3rd Gen Shuttle Rear View|
Specification of Honda Civic Shuttle Hondamatic (aut. 3) , manufactured or sold in 1983, version for Europe:
- Body Tipe : 5-door wagon body type
- Transmission : FWD (front-wheel drive), automatic 3-speed gearbox
- Engine specs: gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 1490 cm3 / 90.7 cui, advertised power: 63 kW / 84 hp / 86 PS ( DIN ), torque: 126 Nm / 93 lb-ft
- Body dimensions: outside length: 3990 mm / 157.1 in, width: 1650 mm / 65 in, wheelbase: 2450 mm / 96.5 in
- reference weights: base curb weight: 900 kg / 1984 lbs, gross weight GVWR: 1355 kg / 2987 lbs
- Top speed: 157 km/h (98 mph) (declared by factory);
- accelerations: 0- 60 mph 12.3© s, 0- 100 km/h 13 s (declared by factory), 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 19.1© s
- Fuel consumption and mileage: 7.7 l/100km / 36.5 mpg (imp.) / 30.5 mpg (U.S.) / 12.9 km/l ECE-cycle; average estimated by a-c©: 9.5 l/100km / 29.7 mpg (imp.) / 24.7 mpg (U.S.) / 10.5 km/l
Honda Civic 3rd-gen. Shuttle 4WD (Wagon) (AR) (1985-1987)In November 1984, a part-time 4WD model "4WD" was added. The power train was differentiated from FF car by adopting 1.5L carburetor specification engine + 6 speed MT with super low, 4-link type with panel rod on rear suspension, adopting large bumper on the outside and so on.
|1985 Honda Civic Shuttle 4WD-J exterior in Yellow color|
For the grade, "4WD-J" equipped with basic "4WD-M" and hydraulic power steering and washer interlocking headlamp wiper was lineup. Next, at the minor change in September 1985, the grade of the FF car was organized into two types of 55 J / 55 i, and the AT was changed to the fourth speed with the lockup function.
Specification of 1987 Honda Civic Shuttle RT J 4WD (man. 6)
- Manufactured or sold in 1987, version for Japan
- Body style: 5-door wagon body type
- Transmission: 4WD (four-wheel drive, 4x4); transfer case: 2,529/1, manual 6-speed gearbox
- Engine specs: gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 1488 cm3 / 90.7 cui, advertised power: 66 kW / 89 hp / 90 PS ( JIS ), torque: 125.5 Nm / 93 lb-ft
- Body dimensions: outside length: 4080 mm / 160.6 in, width: 1645 mm / 64.8 in, wheelbase: 2450 mm / 96.5 in
- reference weights: base curb weight: 1000 kg / 2205 lbs
- Top speed: 158 km/h (98 mph)
- accelerations: 0- 60 mph 11.5© s; 0- 100 km/h 12.4© s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 18.1© s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com) 1987 Honda Civic Shuttle RT J 4WD (man. 6) Detailed Performance Review
- fuel consumption and mileage: 4.5 l/100km / 62.2 mpg (imp.) / 51.7 mpg (U.S.) / 22 km/l 60-mode; 7.5 l/100km / 37.9 mpg (imp.) / 31.5 mpg (U.S.) / 13.4 km/l 10-15 mode; average estimated by a-c©: 11.6 l/100km / 24.3 mpg (imp.) / 20.3 mpg (U.S.) / 8.6 km/l
Honda Civic 3rd Generation Shuttle Wagon Interior Photos
|Honda Civic 3rd Generation 'Shuttle' (Wagon) Interior Picture - Driver & Passenger Seat|
|1984-85 Honda-Civic-Shuttle-4WD-J Dashboard / Front Panel / Speedmeter photo|
|1986 Honda Civic Shuttle 3rd Gen Wagon RT-J 4WD (Real Time Four Wheel Drive) Limited Edition|
Subsequently, in September 1986, 4WD switched to "RT-J" which adopted the viscous coupling type on-demand 4WD system called "real time 4WD" and at the same time switched to the RT-J special specification car based on the same model "Real Time 4WD" Special specification car was set. And in October 1987 full model change was implemented and we moved to the next generation model.
How your opinion about Honda Civic 3rd Generation 'Shuttle' (Wagon) photos above? Still looks cool, right!! Check also the other 3rd generation models: Honda Civic Wonder Hatchback and 4-door sedan for more inspiration.